Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
How to Finally Stop The Embarrassment of “Leaking” When You Cough or Exercise to Healing Prolapse or pelvic pain naturally.
This is COMMON and is NOT NORMAL!
If any of these describes you, you are not alone. In fact, leaking or “incontinence” symptoms are ONE of THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS that we see as a pelvic floor physical therapist.
What is Prolapse?
What do you feel?
What you typically feel is pressure in the pelvic region, or a fullness or achiness in the abdomen. They may have some back pain or cramping. Symptoms can get worse being on your feet for prolonged times or lifting or exercising.
Some ways you can get prolapse are
The Treatment topics that came up when GOOGLING these conditions
- Behavior techniques – training you to hold your bladder, schedule trips to the bathroom and fluid management – usually one treats a piece of the problem.
- Kegel exercises- now this is the answer to everything when it comes to women’s health and can make you worse and you are probably doing the exercise incorrectly! Chances are kegels are not an appropriate exercise for you to be performing.
- Medications- again is this getting to the root cause of the problem??
- Electrical stim to help strength your pelvic floor- Okay I can see how this might help, but you still have to be able to strengthen and relax the right muscles on their own. So you will need more than this!
- Injections- again is this really getting to the root cause of the problem.
- Medical devices- you insert devices to collect or absorb the urine! Again this is not getting to the source of the problem…
- Surgery – YIKES- Do you really want a surgery down there? Or have your uterus taken out (which by the way has a 50% reoccurrence rate because they are not truly fixing the problem: your pelvic floor).
- Wearing pads…
Do you feel this way too?
If you are Currently Living with Pelvic Floor issues such as leaking, urgency, prolapse or pelvic pain, here are 9 more reasons why you should SIGN UP FOR THE FREE REPORT or Talk to our PT:
If any of this sounds familiar to you...
We would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our specialists at our Dallas Clinic, mPower Physical Therapy to find out what can be done to help YOU. The fact that you’ve tried any or all these things already is actually a GOOD THING because now that you can eliminate what doesn’t work – you are one step closer to finding the thing that does!
More information on the pelvic floor
Are you tired of feeling helpless, trying various treatments, and longing to return to your favorite activities? I understand how you feel. It’s difficult to
For many, back pain and pelvic floor troubles are not just physical obstacles but challenges that govern their daily life. These issues aren’t just about
Problems DOWN THERE can happen to anyone: truths and myths behind pelvic floor problems I was chatting with my mom the other day about a
Gut health is so important in all diseased and chronic health conditions. About 75% of our immune system is in the gut. So, when there
If you’re newly pregnant or are trying to get pregnant, you’re probably wondering what kind of exercise you can safely perform throughout your pregnancy. What
Did you know that poor Hormonal health and constipation are linked! I know every woman as they go into peri menopausal into menopause are not
Pregnant? Congratulations! This is a huge milestone in your life, and a lot of exciting things are coming your way! We have been hearing a
When you have leaking problems with exercise/coughing or prolapse with either your bladder or uterus from aging or from having kids at some point in