Are you tired of feeling helpless, trying various treatments, and longing to return to your favorite activities?
I understand how you feel. It’s difficult to enjoy your daily life when you’re in constant pain or worried that you’ll leak whenever you go out.
You shouldn’t have to live a life full of limitations.
Pelvic floor dysfunction can be challenging, but the good news is that there are effective exercises and pelvic stretches that can help you regain your strength and mobility.
At mPower Physical Therapy, we’re dedicated to helping you get back to being active and living your best life.
Read this blog to find some of the best exercises and stretches to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
Understanding Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Before we dive into the exercises to strengthen pelvic floor, let’s take a moment to understand what pelvic floor dysfunction is.
Your pelvic floor is a group of muscles that support your pelvic organs, including the bladder, uterus, and rectum.
When these muscles become weak or dysfunctional, it can lead to a range of issues, such as urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, and even difficulty with sexual function.
If you’ve been struggling with any of these symptoms, you’re not alone.
Many people experience pelvic floor dysfunction at some point in their lives.
The good news is that there are effective ways to improve pelvic floor health, and exercises play a crucial role in this process.
Exercises To Strengthen Pelvic Floor
While medication is common for some pelvic floor dysfunctions like incontinence, not many know that there are far better solutions than resorting to pills.
Pelvic floor physical therapy is crucial in addressing the root cause of your specific problem to help you recover from your problems rather than just mask the symptoms.
You should not rely on medication all your life, and you don’t need to.
Here are some pelvic floor exercises that can bring you some relief, but the best option is to contact a physical therapist who can guide you through your recovery and provide you with an individualized plan of care that you need.
- Bridge Exercises: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips off the ground, engaging your glutes and pelvic floor muscles. Hold for a few seconds, then lower your hips back down. Aim for 10-15 repetitions.
- Squats: Squats can help strengthen your pelvic floor by engaging your core and lower body muscles. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and squat down as if you were sitting in a chair. Make sure to keep your back straight and your knees in line with your toes.
- Pelvic Floor Stretches: Stretching is equally important to prevent your pelvic floor muscles from becoming too tight. Incorporate gentle pelvic stretches into your routine to improve flexibility and reduce tension.
Pelvic Stretches for Relief
If you’ve done yoga in the past, then you may have come across those pelvic stretches in the past without knowing how great they are for your pelvic floor health.
Again, we strongly advise that you do those pelvic stretches with a physical therapist to make sure you are doing them right and not causing any more harm to your pelvic floor.
- Child’s Pose: Start in a kneeling position, then lower your upper body forward, reaching your arms out in front of you and resting your forehead on the ground. This stretch can help relax and lengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
- Butterfly Stretch: Sit on the floor with your feet together and your knees bent out to the sides. Gently press your knees toward the ground to open up your hips and pelvic area.
- Happy Baby Pose: Lie on your back and bring your knees to your chest. Grab the outsides of your feet with your hands, and gently pull your knees toward the floor beside your torso. This stretch can relieve tension in the pelvic area.
Take Control of Your Pelvic Health With mPower Physical Therapy
If you’ve been struggling with pelvic floor dysfunction, don’t lose hope.
These exercises and stretches can help you regain strength, flexibility, and confidence. However, it’s essential to remember that individualized care and guidance are crucial for a successful recovery.
At mPower Physical Therapy, we offer pelvic health assessments to determine your specific needs and develop a personalized plan for your recovery journey. Our expert team is here to support you every step of the way.
Don’t let pelvic floor dysfunction hold you back any longer. Take the first step towards better pelvic health by scheduling a Pelvic Health Assessment with us today.
To book your Pelvic Health Assessment, contact our clinic at (214) 538-2559 or use our convenient online form.
Together, we can help you get back to the activities you love and live your life to the fullest.
Free Advice For Pelvic Pain From Our Expert Team
If you want to stay up to date with the latest expert advice on pelvic health, make sure to follow us on social media and look up our free resources.
Visit our mPower Physical Therapy YouTube Channel and watch our expert videos such as How to Stop Leaking and Prolapse While Exercising!
You can also listen to our insightful Podcast such as Painful Sex is not normal: Learn Solutions that Work…
Read our expert blogs such as Proven Strategies for A Healthier Back and Pelvic Floor.